The wedding day itself should be magical and the only thing that can compare to this magic is reliving the experience for years to come. Photography & videography are the only ways to make it happen and it would be a great omission if you didn’t take care of the images that will not only remind you of your big day but also probably tell your wedding day story to your children and grandchildren. No matter how easy taking photos may seem, letting a friend or someone else with a good camera do it, is not a good idea. Do invest some time in finding the right professional who will guarantee you a good lasting memory of that day.
- Begin by thinking about the style you want for your pictures and video. Is it reportage-style that you are looking for, formal pictures and portraits, candid pictures or a mix of the above to create a completely personalized story-telling of your wedding day? You can always adapt the latest trends in wedding photography to your personal taste and vision.
- Start the research by asking your friends or your wedding planner, if you are working with one. Especially your planner will be able to give you feedback not only about the photographic style of the professionals but also about their price range and further information about their conduct and delivery of material after the event. Narrow down your choices to three and get in contact with each one of them before you make your final decision. Before booking an appointment, you should be able to look at different wedding samples from the photographers’ recent work on their website portfolio.
- When it comes to pricing, most photographers offer different options and packages depending on different needs. Apart from the number of prints and digital albums that will be delivered to you, you may want to define how many hours of coverage are included and whether you will have the personal-use rights to the images after the event. Moreover, will there be a pre-ceremony photo shoot, a bridal preparation or a location shoot the day after? You may also want to know where the photo sessions will be staged, for example at the house, the hotel, the church, the town hall, the beach or the reception venue? Other variables that may affect the price are whether the photographers shoot digitally or with a film, which is more expensive but projects a totally different look, and how many people will be included in the crew. There are many aspects that you should take into consideration before you choose the best option for you.
- If your budget is limited, there are a few tips, so that you don’t necessarily make a discount on the quality of your choices: for example, choosing a mid-week day or an off-season wedding will definitely help you keep the cost down. Before you actually set a wedding date, maybe you should consider that, as well. If you are in love with a photographer, you can always ask him or her if it is possible to make it work by asking to suggest a less pricey package and cutting down on the extras. If you work with a planner, you can always ask her to suggest someone who is close to the style you want and within your budget. It is actually an event planner’s field of expertise to make the right matchmaking between a couple and a vendor.
- Always keep in mind that truthful images with natural shades, vibrant colors and spontaneous snapshots reflecting your emotions are much more valuable than flashy, fake shots where you will look like anyone else but yourself. Discuss with your photographer in detail about how you imagine this memorable experience to be and get to know each other in order to achieve a unique result.
- Hiring a videographer, is also essential to keep the memories of your wedding day alive. When considering videographers, it is important to see whether their style represents you and whether they are flexible and creative into bringing your own personality into the film. Editing and soundtrack are important as well when you will receive the finished video.
At Style Concept we collaborate with a team of talented professional photographers who offer unique services according to your needs and visions. Don’t hesitate to contact us, we’ll be glad to be part of your big day!
Photo Credit to Studio Phosart. Destination Wedding Planner & Coordinator is Style Concept